Why take your music lessons with us?
- Flexible scheduling of lessons (we understand that students and families have busy lives!)
- Lessons in a studio where students and families know each other, and students can play several pieces in a student concert without the concert becoming longer than 45 minutes to an hour maximum.
- A large network of people in various aspects of the music industry, which often enables clients of this studio to special prices on instruments and other equipment (usually 20-40% off or more) and updates on great deals on both new and used instruments, or affordable rental options on pianos (starting at $25/month) and clarinets.
- A studio where beginning students get a fine foundation in music reading and playing technique, which gives students great enjoyment in playing music and the tools to pursue advanced study if and when they desire.
- A studio with a large collection of recordings and printed resources about music, for any and all music research projects students may have, usually starting from about Grade 5 for most students in school.
- A studio where ensemble playing with their teachers or other students is an integral part of study.
- A one-stop shop for the needs of any potential music major, so you don't have to scramble to arrange everything: an EXCELLENT onsite accompanist who doesn't shy away from even the most difficult piano parts, teachers who do the books and other materials for lessons purchasing for you, teachers who can get you to the required level on ear training, sight singing, and piano skills as well as your major instruments, teachers who have the resources and know-how to make an audio or video recording application for schoalrships stand out (right down to designing CD labels and inserts), teachers who can teach theory all the way to ARCT, teachers who can help with school music composition and arranging assignments, teachers who can help you improve your conducting skills, and teachers who provide opportunities for aspiring teachers at a small music camp in the summer for one week.
- Two student concerts a year, which are opportunities for students to share what they have learned and, for students doing RCM exams, to run through their pieces about a month before their exam date.
- Additional performing opportunities for intermediate and advanced students who meet or exceed our high standards.
- Lessons at our studio at Don Mills and Lawrence or your home in that neighbourhood or nearby ones.
- The opportunity to study with teachers who consistently produce excellent results at auditions, competitions, and Royal Conservatory of Music exams. Some of our students earn 90%+ on the exams!
- The opportunity to study with two teachers who are currently or were in the past members of a symphony orchestra.
- The opportunity to study with teachers who know what it takes to get accepted in university music programs with large music scholarships. (We sent two students to university music programs, one for education, one for performance in 2010 at the University of Toronto!)
- Lessons that incorporate technology to aid in student learning such as learning some of their music theory and ear training on a computer, and making recordings of performances and lessons.
- Teachers who are able to instruct students in piano (Derrick, beginning to ARCT; Meri beginning to Level 7, clarinet (Meri only), trombone (Derrick only), organ (Derrick only), music theory, composition, improvisation (Derrick only), and more!